1. Paint your trim the same color as wall! If you live in a traditional house but want to have a modern look, try this trick- this brings attention to the form of the architectural details in a subtle, modern way.
2. If you have less contrast between the wall color and the trim color, it will evoke a peaceful feeling.
4.Start with buying art/ or identifying an item you love in the house- then proceed to create a backdrop for it- the art piece is the star of the show, not the walls.-
5. If you are going to do white walls/white trim in your home , take a leap on getting strong pieces of furnitures and mixing textures, and always add a cute pup.
6. Be brave! Choose the actual color you like on the paint strip. If you go up the wheel to the lightest version you will not be satisfied with the result- If you are not feeling brave enough to paint this rich color- go ahead and paint the walls a neutral or warm white and buy your furniture in that color you love-
7. Paint your ceiling! It’s an accent wall!- come down one wall with it also!- you will always enjoy seeing this transition- particularly in bedrooms- the “one wall” accent color falls flat because you are not surrounded by the color-